Tuesday 9 July 2013

Ganga

I was then 18yrs old, just joined my college, I had long wavy hips touching black hair. One sunday my mother said -"Shalini, I called the local barber for u" I said (very scared)-"Why ma?" she said -"I told ur father years ago that when u join College I'll flow ur hairs to Ganges(one famous river in India), and today is sunday he is free ,so get ur head shaved he will put ur hair in a packet and throw them to ganges, and u also have to with him put some water on ur shaved head ,take a bath and come to house" I said -"No ma ,I am quit grown up now to get shaved ,my friends will tease me" mummy said -"What I say listen, or u know what can I do" The barber came and I was pulled to sit on the chair. "No mummy please"- I cried "shave her head clean and smooth"-she said to the barber I was sitting helpless, the barber hold my shoulders and made me sit straight and still his hands was touching my breasts sometimes. He unfolds a white cotton cloth; wrap me in it my eyes were flowing.
Mummy said him-"Suno sunil, pehle bal kaichi se bahut chota kat lo, phir ustra se mundwa do, do teen bar ustra sar pe bulana, ta ki ekdam saaf ho jaye"(listen sunil first cut the hairs very very short with scissors then shave the head with straight razor, and run the razor 2 to 3 times so that no hair is left on head) as the barber take out a scissor and started chopping my long hairs into almost nothing. I can only beg to leave me. But nothing was listened from me. I started feeling sad as my hairs falls as after some times the barber rub head with water. As he take out the razor, and run it all over my head. I felt very shy. Shaved the fuzzes of my cheeks below my sideburn areas. I really felt shy and embarrassed my younger sisters were standing there laughing at my new look. And slowly I became totally bald with very well sharply shaped thin brows (last day I had brows shaped in a beauty parlor). My father took me to the ganges, thrown my hair to it. I took a bath on the ganges. And cried a lot when I rubbed my bald head. I was bald for some days. Slowly my hair grown long.

No comments:

Post a Comment